Additional incarnations of our site?

@Guest:

No I haven’t decided anything.

I’m sad to hear that you think the site is going downhill. And I also don’t see where I’m contradicting or ignoring the users’ opinion. I thought I’m doing just the opposite. Care to tell me where you think I’m ignoring people’s opinion?

And also, why exactly do you think that the site is going downhill? Feel free to speak your mind, that’s always welcome, even if it’s not in favor of me and what I’m doing.

BTW, ncmc.com was taken, otherwise Hugh (or myself) would have used that name. If you have a better name, and the domain is free, go ahead, let us know!

There have been a variety of opinions here, so I don’t see where you’re getting the idea that Martin’s decided on something and is ignoring everything else. Also, my impression is that this site has continued to become increasingly popular since it went online. I certainly see more stories here now than I did a few years ago, and there are sometimes more gay stories here in a day than there are on mcstories in an entire week!

4 Likes

Martin keeps reiterating what he wants in the face of overwhelming opposition. “If you have a better name, and the domain is free, go ahead, let us know!” No, I wouldn’t let you know because I wouldn’t want you to be a part of it.

And yes this site has gone way down hill since it went to spiral and you took charge. The categories are screwed up, the design and layout sucks, and fewer good stories are being published and far less people are writing. 3/4th’s of the sites that have a link, have the old link, because most don’t care for the new site. I also don’t like the new site in the slightest. The NCMC died as far as I’m concerned.

Well, that’s fine, you can’t please everyone I guess.

The NCMC is gone, and Hugh saved it. You should be thankful to him for that! He’s put an incredible amount of work into that, and I don’t think you have ANY understanding how many man hours he had to invest. Without this, you’d have nothing now. I’m always sad if people get something for free and then complain if it’s not to their liking.

I also like to comment on your posting in the comment section:

Don’t be a smartass, also does any of the money you get from patreon go to yourself or only the funding of the site? You seem overly anxious to make more and more sites, when I see little need to.

“I think it’s a disservice to the author of this story.” If that is the case then why start a debate about the site in general and if the other stories should be posted? Talk about being hypocritical. Or should we only discuss in the comments what Das Fuhrer likes and all else is irrelevant? Honest to God. This site has gone to shit under your direction.

Everyone can see how much money I get from Patreon. After fees and taxes, It’s about $100 per month. And that still doesn’t cover the monthly bill by the provider completely. Even if I’d make money from this, I would certainly not get rich from that. Are you really jealous of that money? Do you actually think I’m in this for the money? Then I’d be really stupid.

Since Patreon will never be a requirement to use the site, and I’ll only ask to donate for as much money I need to host the site(s), the accusation I’d create new sites to get more money is quite absurd.

The best thing for this site is for someone who knows what they’re doing and doesn’t make exceptions for themselves to take charge. You suck dude.

I don’t really get what you mean by “making exceptions for myself to take charge”? Could you elaborate?

1 Like

Martin reiterated what he wanted only because I mentioned something nearly identical in my comment.

The old NCMC Stories archive does have nearly as many stories as are on here (2599 in the archive, 2780 here), I’ll grant, but as I recall, there were reasons not to import all of them, and I know a few authors have asked for things to be removed. Martin or Hugh would have to comment on that, as my memories are vague, and I’m not on their end of things.

I just did some rough math based on the number of stories in the archive vs. the number of stories on the new site since NCMC closed. From my calculations, there were roughly 260 stories/year on NCMC, where there’s now a little over 400 stories/year on the website. So, I don’t think your perception that things are going downhill is especially accurate, at least not in terms of quantity.

Quality is, of course, subjective. A lot of us have fairly narrow niches, so if one or two favourite authors disappear, it can lead to the perception that there’s been a huge change when, in fact, there hasn’t. If anything, I think division of the site into different groupings, however it’s done, might actually help that, as it’ll be easier to find the things you want and filter the things you don’t. Depends how it’s done, though, of course. If GSS stays more or less as it is now, with just new stuff added, then obviously, it wouldn’t make much difference for us directly.

2 Likes

Since you mention that donations don’t cover cost’s now that might be a reason to keep it on one domain. That said if you do decide on more domains how about making them CNAMES to the existing domain. That way the system is still one site/database and could be accessed either via url categories or the separate CNAME domains ie (Home - Gay Spiral Stories can be accessed from kinkygaystories.com/musclegrowth) My only concern that’s been echoed eslewhere with this is domain dilution. I think the gayspiralstories brand is strong enough to consider keeping the separate topics under one roof with it

2 Likes

I really like the site to be directed in the path it is, mind control. Transformation is fine/ish since it touches mind control in a way BUT, when we are talking about stories where its just plain domination with the idea of “me/you is/are the master/slave” without any kind of that MC, then it just loose the point of this site. If I want to read a feet, bsdm or whatever kinky story with no MC then I would look for it.

Add another site where all those other kind of stories can go would be nice. You can even add a button where it can direct you to that site and vice versa, with their own tags and all that thing. It would be more organized.

5 Likes

I hadn’t realized the name change was due to the domain being already owned. So actually np on that.

Also I think the theme should stay MC but I’m not against other gay content on associated sub pages.

Though I will insist one site be rimming. Hehe jk.

Honestly, Martin, you do a fantastic job.

2 Likes

Holy crap. So much vitriol from an anonymous commenter. Troll much?

TL/DR version: what I think the anonymous commenter meant to say was “I’m a big baby! Make things the way I want because I said so!”

Longer version:

This is why we can’t have nice things. And I’m so glad I’m not running the site anymore and can say all this without worrying about pissing people off.

I have absolutely no idea what exactly you (the anonymous poster with the vitriolic comments) don’t like about the site now. You haven’t provided any actionable feedback. “The categories are screwed up and the design and layout suck” is not actionable. What exactly can be done to address that vague and completely wide open criticism with no specific examples of problems or suggestions for improvement?

Are you the same idiot that insisted in comments over a year ago that no one uses the site on a phone, and then ignored me when I pointed out that I had actual data showing that over 50% of all users on the site view the site on a phone. The new layout and design was specifically done in order to have the best compromise between a desktop site and a phone friendly site. Because most readers are on a phone. And because maintaining websites is very expensive in terms of time and effort (which at the end of the day, equals cost).

Martin paid for the site for the first year after he took over. The first year on the host is discounted, but even then, it’s still over $10 a month. And at this point, Martin has definitely spent over 100 hours working on the site. Let’s pretend that Martin doesn’t get paid exorbitantly for his day job and only makes $30 an hour. He works in tech, so probably makes more than that, but let’s pretend he only makes that. At $30 an hour, putting in 100 hours, he’s already donated effectively $3000 towards the site.

If he makes an extra $30 a month off of the Patreon pledges, he still won’t get paid back for this work for 100 months.

You seem impervious to facts or numbers. Robin is correct about the number of new stories being posted now (meaning you’re flat out wrong), and you don’t seem to want to spend any time actually thinking about how much time and money Martin continues to put into the site. From the overwhelming number of comments on here, most people like the site and the direction it’s taken. And I know from the majority of the feedback I received from authors that they are mostly happy with how things are and where they are headed. When anyone constructively makes suggestions, Martin tries to improve things. Hell, he even tries when the comments aren’t constructive.

You are not being constructive or useful with your comments.

Essentially, what I think you really mean to say is: “There aren’t enough new stories I like, I don’t like the way the free site that I don’t pay for or contribute to in any way looks, and I’m angry that someone else isn’t fixing all of that for me.” Or like I said at the top, “I’m a big baby!”

If you really care, try thinking up some ideas for ways to improve the layout and design (and communicate them in a less assholish way), or get involved with the authors you like to help them write more of what you like (constructively and gently).

Or fuck off and make your own site, with a layout and design that doesn’t suck and categories that aren’t screwed up and all the new stories you could ever want, written by the army of authors that will flock there to write what you want, whenever you want, all for free. Because that’s how the world works, where other people’s time, money and effort doesn’t matter, your wants are the only ones that anyone needs to consider, and good authors and programmers grow on trees and don’t have their own needs or wants.

10 Likes

@MonsterMash62 that made me smile :slight_smile:

After years of handling those kind of posters on various sites, I’ve developed a mental check list of how seriously to take them.
Credibility takes hits for anonymity, exaggeration, and rambling with no useful content.

So we’ve got a guest that claims he speaks for the ‘overwhelming opposition’ along with lots of negativity with no useful suggestions.
In my mind a little voice just went ‘Bingo! We’ve got a full house’ followed by the internal ignore button being pressed :smile:

Although if I’m bored, I may slip them a little morsel to see how worked up I can get them…

4 Likes

Hey,

I already replied on another post, but it seems here is more appropriate. I think mind control needs to be broadened to just “control” because that’s what fuels all of these stories, and it’s nice to have such variety. You never know what you might find. As an actor of muscle theft, sneaker fetish and mind control I would hate to have to post on multiple sites…
Otherwise I rally think you doing great work here ! Thanks

Thank you, Hugh, so much, for this huge posting. And to all the other posters, too, who are showing me their support. I really really appreciate all of this so much! This is where I get the energy from, that keeps me going.

I’ve already been using discussion forums when they were still called “bulletin boards”, before the web was even invented, and I know this type of persons all too well. They’ve probably never found anything where they can be productive and creative, so they only find joy in destroying other people’s work and causing grief wherever they can.

I really pity them. What a sad life. And, I guess, pity is the last thing those people want to get :slight_smile:

Back to the discussion at hand:

I think I have an idea which accommodates all of your concerns and expectations. If I can do it the way I plan, it also won’t increase the hosting expenses. It’s quite some work to implement it and I don’t want to promise anything just yet. But know that your input is very invaluable and I’m still open to more suggestions.

Having said that, I want to encourage all of you to fix any issue with wrong tagging you happen to come across. Just edit the tags as you see fit. Also, if you think, a category is off, just let me know, and I’ll look into it.

3 Likes