Feature Request: Safe Mode [implemented]

An ability to remove the logo and the images from the top of the website would be useful, if possible to implement.

8 Likes

Oh, I suggested something like this before, ages ago ā€” meaning to say, Iā€™d also find this useful! I donā€™t know how hard or easy it would be to implement, so I never pushed for it beyond that. But itā€™s good to know Iā€™m not the only one who independently came to this thought.

I think of it as ā€œDiscrete Modeā€. Essentially the idea was something that could maybe just ā€˜breaksā€™ the images and the big banner on the site for an individual user, or stops them from loading, maybeā€¦?

There have been scenarios where Iā€™d idly check the site for updates on my phone when on the bus, or out in public. Or, Iā€™d be glancing through it on my laptop, but in a situation where my screen privacy wasnā€™t always assured. And since the siteā€™s banners are both very prominent, and also prominently NSFW, I always have to go ā€œaah!ā€ and scroll down very fast so that my nosy bus neighbor who is trying to peer at my phone screen doesnā€™t get an eyeful.

Actually not that difficult to implement.

Iā€™ll see to it when I find the time.

5 Likes

Implemented, see here: Site Updates Pt. 2 - #130 by Martin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.