FeatureRequest: 'Interactive' Series Format [Implemented]

If you made a way to create branched storylines in a series, then you would effectively have created interactive stories, since chapter branching is literally ‘the’ building block of interactive stories.

1 Like

Maybe have a couple beers and kick back a little too :wink:

3 Likes

A low-tech version of this could be achieved using anchors and jump links. It would be almost identical to the old CYOA books in that it would be a single story with “click here to choose X” links scattered throughout that jump to the correct section of the story. This is obviously nowhere near as ideal as having a proper facility for it, but I’d imagine it would be easy to implement if a dedicated option doesn’t work out.

Yes exactly, (I wrote exactly this above, in different words)

You can technically already use GSS for interactive stores, just it’s a bit more hokey pokey than it needs to be.

Oh, sorry, I saw the bit about books, but didn’t notice any suggestions about a specific implementation. I haven’t been following the thread all that closely.

Technically you can already release chapters that aren’t visible on the story page if you just provide the proofreader link - but that seems like a hack around QA so not cool. Just saying.

I personally am not a huge fan of the CYOA format so I have no stake in this.

This has been Implemented: Branching & Interactive Series - #2 by DerekWilliams

1 Like