First Interest in Transformation/Hypnosis?

In the OP, you said there were two instances from your childhood, but I only see one listed, unless I’m misinterpreting.

Anyway, for me, it was most likely the Witch Mountain series, as discussed in one of the other threads. I took a liking to the guy who played Tony in the movies. I just looked it up, and in the 1978 movie, he’s hypnotized and controlled to do his captor’s bidding, so that was almost certainly the trigger for me. I don’t think it was sexual per se at that point, but I remember there being something “special” when it came to how I felt about Tony and the story overall. (And thanks for asking or I wouldn’t have looked it up and realized all of the specifics.)

Even before that, there was an episode of The Bionic Woman where they had hypnotic shampoo. That’s also an early memory, though I don’t recall it being “special” like Witch Mountain was, so I may not have discovered the interest at that point, or it might be just cuz it was a woman being controlled.

1 Like

It was the 1977 adaption of the Island of Dr. Morreau in which the handsome hero is, at one point, regressed into a feral, beast like state. There was a novelization of the movie script and it still gets me hard. It’s not just the outer changes but the hero’s struggle to hold onto to his humanity as thinking becomes difficult and the more base instincts begin to surface.

1 Like

I’m aware of the original novel by H.G.Wells being reissued with the 1977 movie, and of a comic book adaptation of the film, but not of a re-novelisation.

The script writers Ramrus & Shaner published another book together, but I can’t find any reference to other fiction. Under whose name was it published?

Maybe not the first, but the most memorable for me. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 6, Episode 9.

Willow and Amy (witches) are at a club, when two guys come up to flirt. Amy goes and dances with them, Willow isn’t interested. After, when Amy doesn’t want to keep dancing, and they guys get pushy, make a homophobic crack at Willow, and insist they keep dancing.

And so Amy and Willow magically transport them into gogo cages, dressed in metallic gold briefs, and their bodies begin to dance. Throughout the episode it occasionally cuts back to them and their shocked faces, unable to stop themselves from dancing.

This might be a weird one but I think it started with the Santa clause movie. Probably why I love ap, wg stories now

1 Like

Thank you, RobinHood70. I realize I neglected to share the 2nd one. My parents had a lot of older Disney movies on VHS when I was a kid, and I was really enraptured by “The Shaggy Dog (1959)” where a teenage boy becomes cursed to transform in and out of dog form. He has to work to perform an act of selflessness to overcome the curse. He experiences confusion, despair, conflict throughout the process, and cannot control the transformations to and fro. He eventually overcomes it and gets the girl (1950’s… shrug), but I remember watching and rewatching the transformation scenes again and again.

2 Likes

He eventually overcomes it and gets the girl (1950’s… shrug)

Amusing since Tommy Kirk came out as gay in his teens.

1 Like

Apparently, Disney stopped working with him because he was gay.

F*ck Disney!

2 Likes

I totally forgot haha but yeah I remember the Santa Claus movie feeling weird at a few parts.

1 Like

Joseph Silva. There is a copy on Etsy:

This is more mind control than hypnosis but one of my first memories of being turned on by this was the movie Return from Witch Mountain. An evil genius gets a hold of one of the telekinetic/telepathic twins and takes him over. He becomes like a mindless drone under the effect of the device.

The 1980s version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers also came out when I was a kid and that kind of theme where something is taking over… that really turns me on.

And finally (and this is very weird even in my own opinion) there was an episode of The Smurfs where a purple fly bites them and turns them into evil (and contagious) purple Smurfs.

All of those were when I was a kid and definitely influenced the kind of kinks I’d be into.

3 Likes

That first one sounds familiar. :wink: I’ve actually since remembered that I was reading Return to Witch Mountain when I first accidentally discovered how to masturbate.

Another one just popped into my head. It was one of the Outer Limits episodes (the 1995 anthology series, not the 1960s one) called “Lion’s Den”. It’s about a high school wrestling coach desperate for his team to start winning. His son is on the team and he’s sick of constantly losing too. Coach gets access to a newly-developed supplement from a pharmaceutical company and it has some BIG effects on the team. I would say some muscle growth, transformation, and definite personality changes. Very fucking hot. You can find the full episode online. Highly recommend.

An episode of Buck Rogers in the25th Century where Buck (Gil Gerard) transforms into a Satyr.

1 Like

Biddi, Biddi, Biddi.

1 Like