Gay to Straight

Where should they be posted? In a damn trash can. Anyone who writes this shit should be ashamed.

Dude, gay to straight - as a fantasy, as a concept in and of itself - is homophobic. Homophobes can post their propaganda garbage elsewhere. This is your website. Why not make it a safe place for the fucking audience??? Please???

(This was not supposed to be posted anonymously, but i’m an idiot and messed up.)

I think this is oversimplifying. As I’ve written in a previous comment in this thread, I am totally aware of the thin line between ‘gay to straight’ and the awful attempts to ‘cure’ gay people in real life.

But saying that all ‘gay to straight’ stories are homophobic would be just the same as saying all ‘straight to gay’ stories are heterophobic.

I think there is a context and also the intent of the author, that matters.

First, I’d like to point out that the author who sparked this debate has written many straight-to-gay stories as well, so I don’t think homophobia is really an issue here. You could make an argument that there’s internalized homophobia, but if we ban every story that shows some level of sexism, internalized homophobia, or whatever else we perceive as negative, we’re not going to have very many interesting stories…they’ll all be white-washed.

That brings me to my second point. Ironically enough, it was a post that supported my initial view that made me realize the problem with it (the post immediately after Martin’s in the story comments). Who gets to decide what’s allowed and what’s not? In addition to gay-to-straight, that particular poster found age-regression creepy. It’s not my thing either, but I write incest stories. A lot of people find those creepy or disturbing. Someone else is liable to find more physically aggressive scenes problematic. And on it goes. Eventually, you’ve filtered things down to only Martha Stewart approved stories.

As I said above, whether the bulk of us like it or not, there are guys out there who get off on the concept of heterosexual male superiority. I personally think it’s unhealthy, but I’m sure many people think that about the incest fantasies I write. So, who am I to judge?

If an author develops a reputation for only publishing gay-to-straight stories, especially if they’re pushing the line on homophobic content as well, then maybe we need to take a look at that, but for an author who’s writing what he enjoys and has an established history of gay stories, I don’t think we can say no to his (or her) gay-to-straight stories. Plus, as I gave examples of above, there are going to be times when a given story might require or at least be better with a gay-to-straight subplot at times.

4 Likes

Heterophobia isn’t a real thing that happens in society and affects heterosexuals!!! Homophobia is!!!

Uh, yes, actually, heterophobia is a real thing, and it’s the LGBT community who is most likely to show it. Hell, this thread could arguably be considered an example.

2 Likes

No it’s not. It’s only real in theory. Nobody is out fucking straight bashing. Please stop being obtuse. Nobody’s going to take your fucking incest down, it would just be nice if we didn’t have homophobic and barely-concealed pedo fetishes (yeah, I’m the age regression is creepy guy) on this damn site.

Phobia doesn’t necessarily mean bashing. Phobia covers any kind of dislike based on their sexual preferences. I’m not being obtuse, I’m making my point. The fact that you don’t like it doesn’t mean I don’t get it. I see examples of prejudice against heterosexuals often enough to be quite certain it’s a thing, your disagreement notwithstanding.

4 Likes

Dear anonymous, if you think this is a ‘damned site’ there’s one easy solution.

Don’t come here anymore.

I don’t appreciate people with your kind of attitude. Freedom means also to accept the freedom of OTHER people!

5 Likes

I didn’t say damned. I said damn. I was being incendiary, and I am sorry for that. But I am not sorry for criticizing the inclusion of blatantly homophobic material on this gay fetish website.

“who gets to decide what’s allowed and what’s not?” DUDE THAT’S LITERALLY THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD HELLO??? LMAO. come on!!!

One other point of clarification: on the topic of age-regression, as much as it doesn’t appeal to me, the younger generation of kinksters is flocking to it in droves. It’s to the point where I have trouble finding younger submissive guys on FetLife who aren’t into ABDL or Little play (and if they’re not, they’re often into sissification or have a furry fetish). For whatever reason, taking on a role is the in thing now. There may well be some for whom age-regression really is a pedo-fetish—I’d be surprised if there weren’t, in all honesty—but I’m no longer convinced that that’s what it’s about for most.

1 Like

True from one point of view, but I think my point was clear: at some point, there will be objections to most of the fetishes that are out there. I’ve seen enough complaints about how many incest stories there are to know that some people would have those removed from the site if they could.

1 Like

In the end, I am the one to make this decision.

I am willing to hear your arguments, and if you have a good one, you can convince me. But this is not aa democracy, this is my private site where I invest my money and my time into.

Age-regression, as long as it is happening in the mind only and doesn’t somehow imply that the subject is turned into a child physically, will not be banned. It is not any less ‘acceptable’ than turning a guy into a mindless bimbo.

But again, that just is another point that filtering based on tags might be the solution. Whether you don’t have to see something because it’s not there or filtered out according to your preferences really should not matter.

2 Likes

TLDR I think the tag filter is a great idea. I think we as LGBT community need to be equally understanding towards other kinks and world views as we expect the others to be.

I totally support your point of view @Corin. From where I stand, this site is called gay spiral stories, means it involves stories with a gay theme. It does not specify which way conversions in stories have to happen if at all. As long as there are no signs of ‘infiltrations from hetero propaganda’ as previously taken as example - and the stories are gay-themed, we should be good. Let’s discuss precautions when there’s an indication of an infiltration. Let’s not build a wall before there’s any problem. Fear is the father of exclusion and the enemy of tolerance.

Quite sad to see that we as LGBT community members are kink-shaming on a niche kink-website. And yes, I understand the implications of real-life conversion therapy and the unhealthy aspects consumption of gay-to-straight stories it could have. But this is a 18+ site, so everyone is an adult and should be able to decide for himself if one wants to read this content or not.

That’s why I think tag-filtering is a good idea. I don’t think we should decide for the readers which tags they’d like to have hidden by default.

3 Likes

As an author that’s turned many straight guys into gay muscle-whores, I say, to each their own. I like Rozza’s stories (and the pics in them, too). It’s interesting to see the transformation in reverse, isn’t it? We so calmly – and in some cases, erotically – accept the straight to gay transformation, but when the mechanics are flipped, we get uncomfortable or even upset and outraged. I don’t look at his (?) stories as anything more than what they are – the same way I look at my own – wank material. Dog, if someone outside the genre were to analyze the bulk of my erotic fiction, they’d think I was crazy.

If you don’t like the author (including me), don’t read the author’s work. But don’t tell me what I do and don’t get to enjoy.

5 Likes

Hi, Ryder from the comments section here:

I’ll make my argument again, maybe a little less inflammatory though.

This site is called “gay spiral stories” a mind control site for writers to share their stories. Yes, it’s gay themed. And the story in question stars a gay man. There is use of mind control, and physical alteration in the story. The same can be said for nearly ALL the stories here. There is NO posted rule that says the mind control allowed is a one way street. No where does it say you can ONLY have people turning gay, or becoming more gay.

And that’s my argument. Why is it perfectly ok for people to write stories where straight guys turn gay. And not just gay, into totally warped, stereotyped versions of gay. All manner of gay. Muscled gym bunnies, fat hairy bikers, skinheads, whimpering twinks, raunch grubbing filth kinksters, slaves, mindless “himbos” on and on. I could list hundreds of things this site allowed with no problem at all. And it was totally ok!

No one ever said you have to like something posted here. And the stories containing the content you don’t like are clearly tagged. It is entirely your fault if you actively choose to read a story tagged as “gay to straight” and “masculinization” seriously, what did you expect was going to be the case? Not to mention the writer has other stories posted with the same theme, so you should know better by now.

Also going to point out, there was NO sex in this story. None. It wasn’t even explicit. It was totally focused on the personality and mind changes. How does that break any rules? It’s totally fine to write a story where some fat hairy man turns a straight guy into a piss guzzling rubber wearing fat dude, but a story that could be rated PG-13 in terms of actual described content is going over the line.

I’ll refer to one of my stories in Tumblr as well (before the Purge) I write a small caption featuring Military Straight to Gay content, then a longer story based on it. It ended up being one if my most popular posts. GAY guys literally flooded my messages asking for more. 430+ notes, and over two dozen messages flooded in. Yes, I had a bit if backlash, but over all, it was quite popular.

It had no sex. There wasn’t even any real smut. It was just a mind and body transformation. And would fit the general theme if this site, gay guy changed his mind control. If I posted it, you guys would gave an absolute melt down.

It comes down to this. Why is it that we can write about ruining straight guys, turning then into all manner of gay, whether they like it or not, but the opposite gets attacked (by anonymous commenters I might add) if you’re going to ban content, make a list, specify clearly what is and isn’t ok, and don’t allow it.

I’ll make a suggestion: Ban skinhead content (gasp! There goes a ton of great content!) Because skinheads are bastardized versions of the real thing, meaning neo Nazis. And if gay to straight us bad. So are Nazis. Even if they’re written in as gay (which is ironic seeing as a real skinhead would kill gays on the spot)
(Don’t actually ban skinheads btw, that was to make a point)

4 Likes

Yeah nope. Trying to see the side that says “but why is it allowed for us to post straight to gay when you want to ban gay to straight” and I dont see it. This is a gay fetish website built around the tropes of gay hypnotizing straights and thus straight to gay and so it should be allowed.

So nope. That argument is rediculus and stupid.

I get the don’t like it don’t read it point. I get the freedom to choose point.

But I dont accept the how dare we allow straight to gay idiocy.

Though everyone is welcome to be here (male, female, gay straight and every spectrum of GLBT) that doesn’t change the point. This was the Erotic Gay Mind Control Story Archive and it is now Gay Spiral Stories. It was created to host gay fetish stories of erotic mind control and that should stay the purpose.

Gay to straight as a main theme goes against that.

1 Like

As others have said, we gays have long been considered as “sick”, “immoral” & “in need of conversion therapies” in some form or another. I am not comfortable with this topic of gay to straight either. It is an attack against a minority (federally protected in some ways) group. I would rather die than be made “straight” or “normal” to fit into society’s standards.

3 Likes