Policy for acceptable stories

I just looked ‘vore’ up and apparently it means being swallowed whole or something like that. I thought I was too old to learn anything new about fantasies, but I guess I was wrong. The human imagination seems to have no limits. Spellcheck still appears to hate the term, however, so I guess that’s as good a reason as any for banning it from the site…

This is one of Hugh’s rules. I had to look it up myself :slight_smile:

I interpret it as any kind of cannibalism. Maybe I should just use that term. Anyone knows what it means. In effect, I don’t like any stories where a person is seriously hurt physically. But of course, anything that transforms your body… well, better let’s not go into that discussion :slight_smile:

Someone submitted a story awhile back that had been posted to other sites years before. The first chapter was very very hot, featuring a man having an experience at a bath house. At the very end, he was consumed by a demon. I posted that story to the Spiral, but then reviewed the chapters after that, and they were way way way heavier on the demon consuming people than they were on mind control, sex, the male body, enslavement, or transformation.

I implemented the no vore policy after that. Vore is apparently a thing. I also had no idea.

This has been another episode of “how things got this way” with Hugh Michelsen.

3 Likes

There are a few different types of vore, there is the one where you don’t survive and ones where you do. There is being eaten by mouth, cock or ass. Merging rubs against this fetish a bit. I personally and not a fan but have gotten off some of the more tamer ones.

Yeah, hard vore is more along the lines of cannibalism (or just actually eating someone since species aren’t always actually the same) like. they get digested, torn up, yadda yadda–fits into gore tbh.

soft vore is when it’s more like they get swallowed whole and are like kinda just…there in the stomach? at least from what I’ve learned poking around fetish sites. Not my thing but tbh I’d be more against hard vore and just super gore stuff in general. Soft vore isn’t my thing either but it’s not nearly as … sensitive, I guess?

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s had to search to find out what things mean.

I’ve just had to google somnophilia.
(and for those now wondering, it’s being aroused by somebody who’s sleeping/unconscious)

Determining policies on a site like this opens you up to learning, and thinking about, a ton of stuff you probably didn’t ever necessarily want to. And may not be comfortable thinking about.

Human fantasies and sexual fetishes are really fascinating. Especially how different and various they are. It’s really mind blowing, especially if you detect some of them inside yourself.

Sometimes I’d like to be a sexual scientist and dig into the human psychology to understand the mechanisms better. Or maybe not…

4 Likes

I’m disappointed that the consensus here seems to be against allowing celebrity stories, since that’s where almost all my erotic fantasies/story ideas lie. However, there are other places to find & post those type of fantasies & as I’ve not actually finished any story yet, it’s not a big deal really.

However, if I ever do finish a yarn, I do have a question. Most of my ideas are of the ‘cast as’ variety – that is, the actual celeb per se isn’t used but the character is imagined/described as just looking exactly like him. Would it be possible to post one of those stories here with links to pics of them? I wouldn’t even mention the name of the actual celeb he’s based on in the text, but it would be important to me that the reader would know who I had in mind visually. Would that be against the rules too, or would that be discreet enough?

@Guest
Is it really necessary to spell out the name of the celebrity?

Like, do you have to spell it out? If you write 'the famous actor Daniel R.", everyone knows who you’re talking about, without actually spelling his full name. Or Justin B. Wouldn’t that be enough?

I had apparently failed to notice the RL/celebs rule somehow. For my stories, I usually have a suggested casting list which, at least on this site, includes pictures of celebrities that look like the people I imagine in my head, but in no way are those people actually supposed to be those actors. Hugh and I had worked out that as long as I only published an image and no names, it was okay. OTOH, on gaymcstories, I’m allowed to do names but with no images (mostly by virtue of there being no facility to do so). It’s rather confusing. :confused:

So, given that I’m not writing about the actors themselves but only want to provide them as part of a suggested cast list, what works for you?

1 Like

@RobinHood70:
Don’t worry, the only reason I have an issue with real life people is that I don’t want to get a cease and desist order or anything like that. If you don’t write their exact name and just happen to link pictures on other sites… well, that would be ok for me.

2 Likes

These are the finalized and now officially enforced rules for any new story posted on the site:

• The story should include some kind of mind control of men.
  • No sex or any kind of manipulation with children or young teenagers. Any teenager must at least be in the late stages of puberty!
  • No real-life persons, neither living or deceased!
  • No hard violence, blood and gore! No mutilations, no dismemberment!
  • The story must be yours! Do not repost someone else’s story here. Email the original author and ask them to post it instead.
  • The story must be at least 1000 words long.
  • The author must be over 18 to post a story.

If you think that an older story which was submitted some time ago and was denied because of the old rules, then let me know or just resubmit it, and I will check if I can approve it now.

5 Likes

Great! and with a link to what “late stages of puberty” implies lol Nice touch :blush:

Also, I’m very happy that this revision arrives after asking the community how they felt about the old rules and about the changes you wanted to implement. The site is yours now, but this gives me the feeling that we’re all truly part of it, part of a great and open community.

Thanks for that!

3 Likes

I haven’t said much here in the community yet, but I want to echo what everyone else is saying. You’re doing AMAZING Martin…thanks SO much for stepping up and taking the mantle. It’s so nice knowing this site will stay up and running and that you’re willing to listen to all of us as you do so. <3

3 Likes

For the underage rule, how might it apply if the person who’s underage is the mind controller? Like, for example, if the story was about a highschooler (17 or 18) who controls his teacher into having sex with him? Are the rules the same?

Yourmind,
It doesn’t matter which role a person has - as long as he’s directly involved in the action, he must be fully developed sexually.

As I wrote, I don’t believe in arbitrary age thresholds, it matters how you describe a person. So, for example, if you describe how someone’s voice is in the process of changing (due to puberty), this person would definitely not be suitable to be part of the action.

Just believably describe that he’s fully developed, and you’re fine. No matter what role you have in mind for him.

This may be too much but how about a story about a mind-controlling child? The child would not participate in sex and probably doesn’t even properly understand it but it wouldn’t stop him/her from playing with the “dolls” and making them do things to each other. There’s a horribly dark story that could be written about a child giving childish commands to helpless adults.

The thing is, to be applicable to this site, the mind controlled persons would have to be involved into gay sex somehow. So if a child is controlling them, I have a hard time imagining how this would be possible without the child being sexually involved in any way.

At least, the child would have to enjoy watching them having sex.

That’s a line I’d just don’t like to cross.

The idea reminds me of Anthony from “It’s a Good Life” (Twilight Zone episode). He couldn’t control people, but he could read everyone’s mind.