Request for a logo & graphics

ARGH!

I love your design. It’s very organic.

Now I have to decide… :confounded:

Or, much better: I let you, the users, decide! :slight_smile:

If I have to decide, Cris idea suits better, your version is not bad but, the spiral only and like that it reminds me of Hearthstone, and using the male symbol is just plain Cris idea and kind of like the solid version more than the organic one. Its more mature and understandable.

I really hate to decide on that. I agree that Cris design is much more plain and straight forward and fits better into the general design of the site. Also, it definitely brings the idea of “hypnosis” straight to the point.

Foxtrott’s approach is much more abstract. You wouldn’t guess that this is about mind control. But looking at it is more pleasing to me.

I wish I could use both… but that’s not an option. Please give me more opinions on that. Right now I’m a bit in favour of Cris design, but you can still convince me otherwise… :slight_smile:

More than fair, I think. Mine is certainly more playful whereas Cris’ is more mature.

The site would need a slight design overhaul in order to make my design fit, which would be a bit cumbersome (though I believe a change for the banner to be at the top of the page, and the menu underneath the banner, is for the best no matter which direction you choose to go).

For Cris’ logo, I personally would prefer a plain version or a smoother radial gradient with the colors matching a little better. The color of the logo, I think, should fit the overall color theme of the website.

I did already smooth out my design a little bit, and placed a vectorized version of Cris’ logo in a similar box to compare how they looked plain, and I think I do prefer Cris’ design over my own when it is plain, and in a box:

ThisBeVector4

ThisBeVector3

ThisBeVector5

These are great. Simple and effective. The ones with the black background are very visually pleasing.

I like the dark background as well, but they are not an option unless I introduce a dark theme on the whole site.

So since there are not too many other opinions, I’m most likely using this version:

That fits the site design best and matches the color theme.

It will still take some time before I’ll be able to put it on the site. I’m very busy with the tags management right now, which has priority.

1 Like

I still recommend the visual touches I did of this one regarding the text and where it should be, besides that, I have no objections

What exactly do you mean with the text placement, Uchicha?

This one, a minor movement of the the text to match some lines and be more natural to the eye, and give more air between the isotype (picture) and the logotype (text)

Ah, now I see what you mean with the text alignment. I’ve got to admit, that I wouldn’t even have noticed that, if you hadn’t pointed it out to me.

Do you think the violet color is a good match for the site? Better than the blue variant?

I think sticking to the blue and white is better than shifting over to violet and white. I think violet would be slightly off putting, simply because it isn’t used very often. If you are talking about just the logo - I say it’s better to keep in line with the rest of the site.

I do have a slight objection, which is that the “arrow line” is not completely straight, and that the arrow is not in the middle of that line. I did some edits to the vectorized version after posting earlier, to make the lines straight and to get the arrow slightly closer to the center of the line.

This version of it does have the arrow closer to the main body of the logo though, thus forcing the text placement to shift yet again. I made this quick mockup (just copied the text from the image, so it’s poor quality) to show how it’d look using this version. It would probably be possible to fix the original version as well, though, but that’d be up to Cris.

13ecdb6be2761f70ff1a01691a8e26c85d4af8f62

Nai, blue would be better.

If using this edit you made, the text should be a little more small, be the same height as the spiral or shorter just so it get a natural union.

Hey @Corin do you think you could update the new logo image? Right now it’s shows jagged. It was probably resized with the wrong settings?

Also, do you think it would look better if you added the same shadow that the letters have? Not sure of this myself would be nice to see it applied…

Currently I don’t have a vectorized version of the logo, but Foxtrotter agreed to send me one. As soon as I have it, you should get a jaggy-free version :slight_smile:

Not sure if I can add the same shadow as on the banner text. But I’ll try.

Thanks for your input!

Meanwhile how would you feel about a logo in a plain blue with a shadow matching the letters?

I made 70px and 30px versions, since the shadow is 2px in both, and not scaled.

logo30logo70

1 Like

Once you have a SVG file of the logo I’d definitely go for CSS shadowing to match the letters exactly :slight_smile:

Thanks! Looking much better together with the shadowed text! :slight_smile:

Looks good! I like the shadowed logo. I wish the color of the logo was an exact match for one of the other shades of blue on the page, but I know that can vary depending on the screen you’re using.

My eyes can’t see the difference :slight_smile:

I’ve actually just used the color picker tool on your original logo, Cris, for the colors of the text, and Bulk just copied those colors himself.

But you’re right, we should adapt that. Adapting the text is very easy, I just have to change the RGB code. The images would have to be adapted by Bulk and Foxtrotter for the SVG file.

Right now on my screen, the logo and text do look basically the same as the background highlight behind “Married Life”. If the colors match on your screen, don’t worry about it.