Romantic Elements

I kinda like stuff with sappy elements, happy endings, or a twinge of romance, regardless of how fucked the road to get there may be. Does anyone have some particular favorites in that category?

2 Likes

Nacho is the king of the romantic, happy ending. Among his stories, you should be able to find more than enough romance and happy endings to satisfy you. His profile is here.

I’m not a romantic author but I tend to like the more positive endings rather than the mental screw jobs. I’m busy with school right now so I can’t really write but when the break comes I’ll see what I can produce. I have a story in mind where friendship is really central to the main characters; just have to write it but I need to finish my other stories first.

There’s also the “love” and “romance” tags I believe, but people are maybe leery about putting them in a story sometimes.

The Machismo story by Woodrow Writes is my favourite in that category.

I had an idea to popularize the “happy ending” tag for precisely this reason, using it only to tag stories with unambiguously :grin: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: endings.

I managed to tag two of my own stories, plus three other stories by other authors, and… largely forgot about it and didn’t tag any others. Whoops…!

I think it’s a fairly common request, though! A lot of people prefer their MC with a heavy helping of sappy cozy romance. (It’s why I tried to start using the “happy ending” tag for that purpose.)

Anyway this one is very cute — and gets away with both some hot MC/reality-warping elements and a very sweet ending! 'Book of Wishes' by Spencer - Gay Spiral Stories

As New_Guy_in_Town humbly pointed out, I really enjoy writing and reading romantic stories or adventures that lead to a happy (Or at least not very fucked up) ending.

I mentioned a few times that I don’t have the stomach for dark stories where characters just… lose their minds because they were the closest ones to the bad guy at the time of his snap, so I aim to write what I’d like to see while having a good time!

I’d like to recommend Happy_Endings (Profile) and MindManiac (Profile). Both “The Mind Palace” and “Love Injected” are some of my favorite works in this site. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wow, I didn’t even notice the romance and love tags. My Bimbear story gets really emotional in the last chapter as a secret love unfolds. I’ll have to tag that. Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only person who enjoys when a bit of romance is added to the story. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a sucker for plots that involve complete and total changes (it’s a fantasy), but it does get a bit stale when the stories all end the same way. The recent story “Public Service Announcement” handles this very well, I think. I would really love to see more wholesome, maybe intimate, tist/sub stories make an appearance. There is something special when you have a master whom you “love” and who “loves” you back that makes obeying them, even in a non-sexual way, better.