Site down due to another spam attack

I’ve taken GSS down for the time being, because we’re targetted by another spam attack.

2 Likes

Man, why do a small number of people have to wreck it for everyone? This is why we can’t have nice things :frowning:

5 Likes

Okay. Thanks for heads up

1 Like

Thank you Martin for all your hard work. I am sorry that you have had to devote your precious time to such a negative issue.

3 Likes

Sorry that people are such scumbags.

3 Likes

These spammers are so annoying. But thank you Martin for all the work you do. You’re the best. Fuck the spammers.

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt and appropriate response.

2 Likes

Hear, hear! Three cheers for Martin!

2 Likes

Still, it was fun to read some of them. My favorite was “This sounds like it happened to you in real life…” to one of MY stories! Hahahahaha

I say the Captcha is a small price to pay for relief from the lowlife that spam.

1 Like

Assuming the captcha prevents people from creating accounts too, and uploading anonymous stories, you could only have captcha required for non-logged in users. For later, later, if you want Martin :slight_smile:

Since it’s not difficult to create an account with the intention to spam comments, I’d rather not disable captcha for logged in users completely.

I will probably completely disable captcha for Patreons, since they’ve proven their genuinity well enough :slight_smile:

And I might also switch to an invisible variant of recaptcha. Users who post regularly will then not bothered by it any more unless they’re using a new computer - or they’re using an untrackable browser.

2 Likes