Spoiler text functionality for the forum [Implemented]

Hello, Martin! It appears as though the forum does not include a spoiler function. i.e.; a text code that makes the selected block of text unreadable at a casual glance and requires a reader to intentionally reveal the contents.

Several times I have wished to put something under a spoiler, particularly in DMs with readers of my stories who ask probing questions and I wish to give them the option of a second chance to not spoil a revelation without the need to send them a DM asking if they are really really sure and waiting for a response before sending or not sending the answer.

I would think that spoilers should not be difficult to add to the forum, but in truth I don’t know. They have become common in various forums over the years. Perhaps this forum already has that function but the needed text code is simply unusual.

Thanks!

Good suggestion! I used that to check out available plugins for the forum and I added several ones. More about them later, as I don’t have the time right now. Some of them are really interesting.

Use [spoiler] and [/spoiler] to add a spoiler.

This then looks like this: This is a spoiler

Alternatively, mark the text you want to blur, click on the “gear” icon in the editor toolbar, and select “Blur Spoiler”

3 Likes