Story Challenge Theme Ideas

cool, I think I have some feedback.
I’ll put it in an appropriate topic once I see one.

The problem I have is that there’s just too many stories!

Like, I literally don’t have the time to read all 47 stories in the challenge. There’s just no way. And so I don’t feel like I’m capable of putting any of them in my favorites because how can you say you have a favorite when you haven’t seen the whole field of entrants?

This is the first time I’ve ever seen a complaint about too many stories or participation. Like… you aren’t obligated to read every single one, and even if you hold yourself to that standard they weren’t all added at the same time. It was all done over time and there were days that went by that no stories weren’t even added at all.

The idea of these challenges is to encourage participation, is it not? I can easily be wrong about that I guess? But I doubt it.

1 Like

It’s a good problem to have, that’s for sure. Much better than having too few!

It’s just that, personally, I am a massive stickler for competitive integrity. It would be like being a judge at a pie baking contest where there were 20 pies, but after tasting my third pie I just decide “Yep, that’s the one right there!” How is that fair to the other pies?

Perhaps I am overemphasizing the “challenge” part of the challenge. I mean, I didn’t enter a story, so I don’t have a dog in the fight, I just like to see things be done fairly.

Ah well. As a boy, my grandfather would bounce me on his knee and say: “Lil Swizz, don’t you go bringing problems unless you’ve also got a solution, mmkay?”

And honestly I don’t have one for this, so I guess I need to shut the hell up :stuck_out_tongue:

Well 1; you could always just read 10 or so random stories anyways. If 35 people read 10 stories at random, that would gave a massively bigger pool of feedback then if those 35 people did nothing because they were afraid of being unfair.

and 2; you can be even more academic.
Choose which stories you decide to read by looking at the Author, Title, Tags and summery as “the first stage” for all 47 entries, of which only a certain number will graduate to the boot camp, of you reading them.

1 Like

I keep true to my usual way: I read the stories which are promising, i.e. have the right tags and an intriguing summary.

There’s just no way for me to read all the stories. Not enough time, especially since I prefer reading these stories while my dick is out… :blush:

No one has an obligation to read all of the stories. There are different preferences among the readers, and they’ll average each other out.

Fair enough. Personally, I found it easier to come up with a story idea to fit with a challenge theme. I found the structure of the challenge helpful.

I hope you do another one, because I had a good idea for the last one I just couldn’t get to. :frowning: Maybe someday.

2 Likes

A followup question: The Challenge rules discouraged multi-part stories. But once a challenge is over, would there be any problem with going back to add additional chapters to my story if I want to continue it. “Bullies” was written to be self-contained, but now that I’m done with it, I can see some additional places it could go.

You can’t add any more stories to a series once the challenge has been closed.

But of course you can always start a new series (new name!) and mention that this is in the same universe or a continuation. You can also link to the original story.

Plus the story you write is literally ‘your work’.
there’s nothing stopping you copy-pasting it directly into another submission of yours, and using it as chapter material that way.

Or putting the first chapter as just a couple links to the challenge chapters and saying they’re required reading.

I’m a huge fan of cock shrinking and muscle theft stories. With an emphasis on the humiliation of that transformation. Love the work of Voodooweaver, for example.

Just dropping in two more potential open-ended themes for the Story Challenges:

• Uniforms
    (I know a few people have suggested this one, so it’s not my original idea. Just, anything involving MC with a uniform or an outfit… Sailors, firemen, policemen, plumbers… Office suit-and-tie, rubber drone outfits, industry-issue jockstraps… On and on it goes.)

• Programs and Machines
    (Includes MC stories that involve computer programs in some way — whether reality-changing apps, or hypnotizing programs, or whatever — or, conversely, people getting reprogrammed. Would also include things involving machinery that does MC, like Edlam’s “Re-Educator” or time.to.occur’s “The Machine”… )

1 Like