Suggestion: Filter/Search for stories with no tags (looking for hidden treasures)

Long time reader, first time poster :stuck_out_tongue:

Have been reading stories on here for quite a long time now. Sometimes, I feel like I almost runs out things that I am interested in reading, especially when searching with a combination of tags.

Iā€™d like the ability to look for stories that has very few or no tags at all. Hopefully, have a look at the (older) stories that havenā€™t been (properly) tagged yet.

I have no idea how many untagged stories are there. So it might not be worthwhile as a feature. It might just be a blog post with links is enough to cover all of them. :woman_shrugging:

Also, thanks you so much Martin and everyone that have/had been maintaining this site.

Cheers,
Joel

I 100% agree with this idea. Iā€™ve always wondered if there are stories out there Iā€™m missing out on, because frankly at this point Iā€™ve read everything thatā€™s tagged with anything I like.

Actually, thatā€™s the exact reason why I added the ā€œstories from the archivesā€ feature. At first I wanted exclusively uncategorized and/or untagged stories to be featured there.

I changed my mind, obviously, but as it is, this is still a great place to discover untagged and/or uncategorized stories. Each week a new chance actually :slight_smile:

I just wish people would take the chance to actually ADD tags and categories to those stories. Thatā€™s why this can be done by anyone, not just the author.

What I could add easily, though, is a new menu entry, which lists stories which are in need of a category or more tags. That would also be exactly what youā€™re looking for, wouldnā€™t it?

2 Likes

I quite like the ā€œstories from the archivesā€ feature, it gets me to re-read some of the old stories.

Yes, that would be exactly what I was thinking. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve added a new menu item which should accommodate your request :slight_smile:

1 Like