"Unable to accept invite" to Discord server?

Hey, all.

I don’t know if this is user error on my behalf, or what, but I’m getting frustrated. After creating a brand new Discord account for the purpose of joining this site’s Discord server (I try to keep my personal/smut lives separate after all), I’m now at another impasse.

I’ve tried using the link provided in the toolbar above the main GayKinkyStories site, and even tried copying-pasting the link manually into Add a Server.

I’m using Discord in my browser, if that means anything. Any help would be appreciated - thanks in advance.

Are you on iOS? Apple is blocking smut sites by default.

You have to use a PC (or Mac-PC) to access our Discord server first. Then, in the options of that server, you can check an option that allows you to use the site with an IOS device, too

No, I’m using a Windows PC.

I’m able to select the Discord link, which brings me to the right server. But selecting Accept Invite is what stops me…

Screenshot 2022-11-12 231815

Screenshot 2022-11-12 231828

I’ve tried using different browsers, Incognito Mode, using the desktop client, and fiddling around with my VPN. Nothing’s worked.

What’s your handle on Discord? Have you tried to log out of Discord?

I’ve tried everything - including logging out, flushing my cache and cookies, enabling/disabling my VPN. From a quick Google, the only other cause I could think of is that my account was banned from the server itself, but I’ve never been on the server to begin with, so it seems unlikely.

I’ve sent you a friend request.

It seems unlikely to be the problem, but have you tried generating a personal invite to the server rather than using the general invite? I’m not sure if the group owner can do that, but if not, I’m happy to send him an invite.

So, Martin and I talked a bit on Discord, and what I was able to figure out was that, for whatever reason, Discord has me listed as “under minimum age”. Which is ridiculous, as I’m a grown adult.

The only thing I can think of is going through Discord’s age verification - in which I sent a photo of an ID, my face, and my Discord handle to their verification center. But I don’t know if I want to do that, or there’s another way…

Screenshot 2022-11-14 110059

2 Likes

Wow. What a hassle!

I didn’t even know discord could do that.

1 Like

Oh man, tell me about it. First they required me to use a separate mobile number than the one I use on my personal account - so I used a family member’s. That was fine, but literally less than a minute after I created my account (I didn’t even LOG IN yet), my account was already disabled for violating the Terms of Service. Which, how is that physically possible if they literally banned me within a minute of account creation?

So I emailed Discord support and they informed me that I was somehow caught in the spam filter (which, again, in less than one minute?), so they unlocked my account. And now this! :woozy_face:

Is the family member whose phone number you used a minor perhaps?

No, they’re older than I am.

Maybe I did input the wrong birthdate, though I’m sure I put my actual birthday in. I’ve never had this problem on my personal account, so I don’t know what went differently this time.

Just one of those things, I guess.

Still it would be kinda dumb if they just let you put in a birthdate and then were like “HA!!! YOU’RE A MINOR!”