Where would you live

I’ve finally been declared Cancer free. I’ve been living in San Francisco, Before, that Austin TX, Before that, I was a Firefigher tin PHX and Seattle with my Start in Glasgow Scotland. Now that I’m 65 and free of medicine (for a while) I have one more opportunity in America before I head home. Where is a fantasy place you’d like to make a reality , were you in my position. I’m thinking Sacramento, Chicago or Florida. In all seriousness, where’s the last Gay Mecca to visit before heading home for good?

10 Likes

Chicago has a pretty wild leather/kink scene and an overall large gay scene. Terrible weather though. Florida has a lot going for it for retired folks, which is why so many move there. I cannot recommend Sacramento for anything, really. The politicians simply commute to it. It’s slightly like DC in that there is no reason to be there unless you are working in the political sphere or adjacent.

1 Like

That’s amazing! I was worried that you’d be worse, so this is really a pleasant surprise.

Congratulations. And I hold my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

2 Likes

It’s very moving hearing you’re better dude.
(Drunk right now. Tearing up)
I don’t have an opinion on the USA locations question, maybe New York?
New York is the best place in the world to be if you only need to be there for a short time.

It’s nice you’re still with us.

1 Like

Chicago winters really are brutal. I lived there for a decade. May-October is pretty glorious, though. It’s not that it snows a ton, though there’s an occasional blizzard, it’s that it is very, very cold, the kind that bites right into your bones. Boystown is a great place to visit in the summer, though.

2 Likes

Congrats on kicking cancer. Cancer simply sucks! I vote for NYC or Chicago, if you’re ok with cold places. Chicago/boys town is so much fun and the city is just awesome. NYC is NYC but so expensive!

I don’t have a clue, but man… good job on kicking ass. Hope you land somewhere amazing.

1 Like

First of all, congratulations!! I don’t know you, but I’m glad you’re healthy.

I’m not in USA, but I would love to go to New York City. Out of that and along the options you mention, I’ve heard Chicago is pretty cool.