Writing about slaves

Hi guys

I’ve just had a comment on a story basically saying that the person enjoyed it until I went down the slave route. In my head when I did that it was purely in the traditional mind control trope sort of way, loving devotion etc etc.

I do however get that for some any reference to slavery is deeply offensive and not OK. Firstly if I have offended anyone I am deeply sorry and more than happy to change that part of the story.

One of the things I love about GSS is how supportive and inclusive it is so thought I’d drop a note here to see if this something that others have experienced and if we need to do something about it.

1 Like

The subject of slavery turns some people off (all the more so if there are any ties to historical slavery), but the reality is that there are probably hundreds of thousands of BDSMers around the world who are in Master/slave relationships. So, don’t let one person’s squeamishness about it turn you off of it.

As for whether it’s something others have experienced, I’d say that we’ve all experienced something. I’ve had people tell me that they don’t like the age discrepancies in my stories, that they don’t like the fact that there are multiple subjects in my stories, that they don’t like the incest…you get the idea. There will always be people who love what you write and there will always be people who hate what you write, even when it’s the same thing.

In short, don’t take comments too harshly. If they point out something you think you can and should improve, or use as an idea in the future, then by all means do so, but if the suggestion/complaint/whatever just doesn’t fit who you are and what you want to write about, then ignore it.

1 Like

I concur with RobinHood70. Although few if anyone would advocate for the return of legalized chattel slavery, plenty of people (especially on sites like this) are highly aroused by the various forms and elements of slave fiction. Heck, the central focus of this site is mind control, and what is that but the ultimate form of slavery? So yes, you write whatever appeals to you. If some people here don’t like it, they don’t have to read it.

2 Likes