Absman Blabs, Man

Loving this review of PHOLUS:

2 Likes

April Fools!

Now that there’s an illustration, it’s official. This weekend, I began writing Book 3 of the PHOLUS REBORN series. Altho I’d originally “seen” a three-story arc, I “discovered” this story while plotting the upcoming Magic/Science conflict, bumping the war to Book 4.

1 Like

I just did an author “interview” – really a fill in the blanks kind of thing – but as I say often, any publicity is good publicity.

Read it HERE

2 Likes

My pit Bull, Junior Mint, transitioned yesterday and my heart is heavy. My best friend and constant companion for the last ten years, an abused pibble who hated everyone but me. I miss you, my love!

He also made a cameo in CENTAUROMACHY (as a horse)

7 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your pet. I know how attached we can become to them.

1 Like

tumblr_b6b9ad6bf0e73582bafac629261538c5_1a5c1c69_640.gif

Sorry for your loss. There are no words that can console completely but we can try to cheer you up.

2 Likes

A nice review of CENTAUROMACHY from Spain! (That blows my mind…)

2 Likes

A GREAT review from Good Reads:

3 Likes

Wow! That’s praise if there ever was one!

1 Like

Working on the dessert course!

How is the next course coming along featuring our favorite horny herd of centaurs?

I’m about 20k words in. The exposition was tricky in this book — a LOT of info to convey before the story takes off.

It follows the structure of the “Hero’s Journey”

The 2nd book was significantly more complicated plot-wise, but I like what’s going on with the characters. It’s purposefully comic without being ha-ha funny.

To be honest, I’m working on a short story collection at the same time, so writing two pieces simultaneously. It’s an interesting challenge.

IRL, my dad is near the end of his life and I’ve been with my family for the past few weeks and haven’t written much. It’s all good. I’m still w enthusiastic.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he isn’t in any pain. Glad you can spend time with him.

Who is the antagonist for book 3?

Are the short stories new or from your past collection?

We will have an appearance from Heracles, but there’s a new (but familiar) bad guy in town. I don’t want to reveal because [SPOILERS]

Yes

I just got a great review for CENTAUROMACHY on Amazon

1 Like

Hey @absman420, just checking in. Haven’t heard an update in a while. Looking forward to your next story or book. Hope all is well in your life. Stay hard.

1 Like

Hey, buddy – it’s been a bit of a tough year for me. I lost my dog to bone cancer in the spring and that was devastating enough, but then my father died unexpectedly this summer from the effects of neuropathy.

I’d dedicated my second novel to him and he never saw it. Bless his heart, he’d been reading my first novel and I was bringing a copy of my second to him when he passed. It’s a novel about father/son relationships, so I thought it was apt.

It took me a couple minutes to get my wind back – to feel like writing erotica again, you know? But I’m back in it. I just finished chapter 5 of the 3rd book – about 35k words so far – and after a lot of set up, I feel like the characters have finally taken over.

That’s my story. I just haven’t been as active here.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I remember your dog passed and you were spending time with your family because your dad wasn’t well. Didn’t know he passed away. Can’t imagine the greif. Glad you are getting back on that horse. Me and all your fans are here if you need anything.

1 Like