Author Hidden Bug During Challenge

Hopefully self-explanatory. During this month’s challenge, I realized I could see the author of a story. I had favorited it and it showed up on my profile without the (author hidden) tag in both the Favorite Stories and Revisited Stories category, but acts as it should (ie the author is properly hidden) when you click >List all of User’s Favorite Stories.

Oh, the work also shows up on the author’s profile. Under >About User’s work, not anything else. Which seems to be similar to an old post that’s shown up here… I don’t want to be too repetitive.

The second bug is long-standing and therefore pretty well known, but I’m not sure about the first one. I personally haven’t heard about it, but it’s a pretty popular feature, so I’m sure someone must have noticed it before.

1 Like

Both are known to me.

And since there doesn’t go by a single challenge without at least two or three people telling me about this (which I always appreciate, mind you), I really should be doing something about it.

Currently my life is really busy, though, so we have to wait for another vacation coming up for me to find the time.

4 Likes

I’ve just uploaded an update which hopefully fixes most, if not all accidental leaks of the actual name of challenge authors.

If you see any place where you can see an author name of a currently running challenge, please let me know!

5 Likes