Malebots is down for good

So it seems like Malebots.com has been shuttered.

I’ll admit that MB was one of the sites I tended to keep a browser tab on, though the activity beyond a very small handful of authors was non-existent for a number of years. I’d hope that some of that content finds its way here, but I’ll admit that a number are probably lost for good. Similarly, I find that I miss the social connections to other robofetishists I met there as, besides for a precious few, I know of no way to get in contact with them outside the Malebots ecosystem.

1 Like

That’s sad news. I haven’t been on Malebots for quite a while due to … differences with their owner. But I was always i pressed by their content, especially the amazing magazines they created.

It’s certainly a loss for the whole gay kink community

What a shame. There was some very nicely written and excellent content on that site. I followed it for years.

Do we know why it has been shuttered? Puritanical shuttering?

Have you looked into Metabods? It has gay stories, kinky and more

4 Likes

It is a shame. Although MB was a low activity site, it had accumulated a lot of good content over the two decades it had been in service. For my part I plan to slowly repost my own text stories. But I will miss other people’s stuff (especially the CGI art cyborg stories by CyberWerks/JimmyB).

Is it known why it was shut down?

I will definitely miss Malebots. It gave me many hours of enjoyment. There’s also a moral here for authors - post on as many websites as you can, because you never know when one is going to go down.

1 Like

With regards to why Malebots shut down - I don’t know. That may partly be on me: I had fallen into the habit of checking in once every week or three. There could have been an announcement of what was happening, maybe with an explanation and possibly even a 24-48 hr warning to download and save stuff from the archives - but I wouldn’t have been there to see it.
On the other hand, Malebots tended to send out email announcements of new content releases or sales approximately once a year. A closing down announcement by email would have by a logical thing to do - but I don’t recall receiving anything like that either.

2 Likes

That short notice would certainly be too abrupt. If you need to shut down for any reason and if you know it beforehand, you have to give it a month at least.

I think something must have happened. Let’s just hope that everyone involved is fine.

2 Likes