Thankful

What are you thankful for?

I’m thankful for this group, and how it helps me to feel less alone & better understood. Happy writing & happy holidays.

4 Likes

I’m thankful that my neurologist finally figured out what’s going on with me and put me on medication that works. While I’m not cured by any stretch, I now spend 95-100% of my day pain-free and I’m able to walk around the house a bit. Compare this to the same time last year where I spent most of my day in some level of pain, I only got out of bed when absolutely necessary and had to deal with prolonged bouts of pain whenever I got back. Moreover, there are signs that it may continue to improve, albeit slowly. We’ll have to see on that one.

Being from Canada, however, I was thankful for this one-and-a-half months ago; today’s just another day for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Also a thankless Canadian here, but I’ll play anyway.

Earlier this year I had a bad bout of Shingles. Ended up in the hospital for days. By the end of it I was blind in one eye. I’m pleased to say that my vision has recovered, and though there’s still some inflammation they’re treating, it’s an absolute pleasure to see.

And yeah, y’all make me feel understood too, so thanks for that as well.

8 Likes

Having witnessed several family & coworkers get Shingles, I made sure to get my vaccination (now 2 vaccinations) as soon as I was 60 (although now they recommend the Shingles vaccination (Shingrix) once you hit 50).

1 Like

I got Shingrix 2 years ago.

Late (and somehow a third thankful Canadian, what are the odds?) but I’m thankful to still have my parents. Had some rough personal events combined with struggling to find a job the last few months, and their advice has been invaluable. Sucks to be moving back in with them after 8 years away, but I’m grateful for the safety net.

3 Likes

I’m thankful my Canadian husband (de facto 4th Canadian? :stuck_out_tongue: ) loves me enough to continue sticking by my side while we painstakingly wait for his green card to be approved. 560 days and counting. And I’m also thankful for this growing and vibrant community for giving me an outlet during this process.

5 Likes

I’m thankful that I have such a nice family. People who like me just the way I am. I am thankful for my brother, my sisters, my mother, my sister-in-law, with whom I can talk about everything that concerns me. I’m thankful for my nephew, who builds the most beautiful bases with me in the game “Grounded” and always fights with me against spiders and bugs. Thankful that he doesn’t care whether I like men or women and that the rest of my family doesn’t care either. Thankful that no one makes me feel like I’m less worthy just because I like men.

5 Likes

What a nice surprise to see Canadians dominating in presence! Let me add to it as well then (makes me the 5th lol).

I’m simply thankful to be alive, well and healthy, with a decent and stable career (especially in these turbulent times), my little condo, my parents around and well (although aging and with some minor health concerns, again thankful for being in Canada for this!), and having my partner with me to share my life with (15+ years and counting). As I get older, I’ve come to realize even moreso that life doesn’t need to be too complicated, money and material life will not bring you more true deep down satisfaction. Be grateful and thankful that we can take care of ourselves, have good health, have people that you love and love you, be happy. Not much more you really need to ask for.

3 Likes

Too many Canadians in here! And all being thankful around the one true Thanksgiving, not a month or so ago with the rest of the Communist Canadians. Get off my lawn!!!

Lol I’m Canadian too, tho I’m getting my US citizenship in a few weeks, assuming I can pass the test. And when I looked it up, apparently Thanksgiving was originally in October for both countries.

I’m thankful for so much this year. I’m thankful for my health. The beginning of the year, I found out I have heart problems along with kidney problems, and it was not good. I had to crawl to get upstairs and even after getting on medication, had to move slowly or I’d be in pain. My feet were too painful to walk on more than a minute or two. Now I can walk the dog for an hour, bike, and workout. Still have issues, but am in a much better place.

I’m thankful to my husband for being with me through all that. He’s amazing. And for my family, for checking in and visiting me. And also for all of my online friends I’ve made over the years in this community. I’ve had many real conversations with people on here, not just about things related to writing or transformation to make men hot. I’ve greatly appreciated that, along with all of the thinking and writing about hotness. There are so many awesome people here, posting and writing and living.

7 Likes