Google Chrome crash when access GSS

Hello, I would like to ask something.
For some time now I have had problems accessing Gay Spiral Stories from Google Chrome, the browser crashes shortly after loading the page, it simply freezes as if it were consuming too much RAM and could not do any other task, and the only solution is to force stop from the windows task manager.
Does something similar happen to anyone else?

1 Like

Does this happen on any of the other sites (like https://www.gaykinkystories.com), too?

Did you try to delete all the site’s data in the browser?

Are you using any kind of plugin that interefers with the site’s rendering (Ad Blocker, Script Blocker, style changer etc.)?

1 Like

Try opening this link.

My computer’s fan turns on whenever I open up GKS on Chrome, the more pulsing icons the worse. It happens that if you browse the site from the “Top Rated” instead of “most recent” section there are a lot of pulsing icons. Have you recently tried to browse “top rated” on the site? The site saves the tab you were last browsing on.

If the pulsing icons are indeed the issue, try to disable them with the menu Theme->Disable Pulsing

Yes, I have been experiencing this issue. It suddenly appeared a few months ago.

GSS is currently the only website where I have persistent performance issues. Scrolling becomes virtually impossible wherever the glowing icons are present. Pages often crash completely.

I see two other forum posts about this, the most active being Mobile issue with story icons and page slowness from May 21, 2024.

Browser/OS: Chrome 126 / Android 12
Device: Lenovo Moto G Play 2023

I believe you.

The site hasn’t changed in that time frame. I can only suspect that Chrome has somehow changed how they render these elements.

Which wouldn’t help you of course.

A quick fix might be to disable the badges altogether (if using the “Disable Pulsing” alone doesn’t help). I’ll try to add this in the next days.

A proper solution, which would involve replacing the animated icons with something else, is way more work and I’m not prepared to do that right now.

2 Likes

I forgot to answer this. Indeed, by disabling the pulsating icons the problem was solved, now I can use the website and scroll without Google Chrome freezing, I still hear how the fan on my computer increases power and makes more noise when accessing the main GSS website, perhaps due to the large number of icons, but at least now it don’t paralyze my browser.

I would suggest that by default the pulsing icons are disabled and it is up to the user whether to activate them or not.

2 Likes

@TandySensation @Hypno-Tales & all

I’ve just uploaded a small update which hopefully fixes the performance problem.

Changes:

• “Disable Pulsing” has been switched around and is now replaced by “Enable Pulsing”. This is disabled by default, so pulsing is now disabled by default.
  • Even with pulsing disabled, all animation cycled once before. It’s no longer doing that. The animation is disabled completely right from the start.
  • The pulsing user icons (for higher sponsorships) are now also disabled.

Please let me know if this fixed the issues for you.

Also, if you don’t see any improvements, please recheck whether “Enable Pulsing” is not enabled.

2 Likes

Is it working better now? I need to know if the issue is still there.