Site Updates Pt. 2

Defined Publish Dates

The feature requested here Planned Publishing Date? - Site Feedback - Community for Gay Kinky Stories is now implemented and has been rolled out.

On the story create and edit dialog, you’ll find a new field:

This field is optional, if you don’t fill it, the system will work as before - the story is listed in public right after the story has been approved.

Alternatively, you can add a date and hour (or click the widget on the right to get a date selection dialog) in this field. If you do, the story will remain unlisted even after it has been approved. It will become listed as soon as the given date has been reached. That way you can control the exact moment your story becomes public.

Please note some details:

• There must be at least 5 days between the time you click ‘publish’ and the given publishing date. This is necessary to give the team enough time to approve the story. The date will be automatically adjusted accordingly.

• You can still edit the publishing date even after you’ve clicked “Publish”.

• You’ll get a mail once the story is actually listed in public.

To implement this, I had to change a lot of the inner workings of the site, especially how stories are tagged in the database, how the lists of published stories are created, the whole publishing and approval process and so on.

Despite my tests, I would be surprised if there’s no serious bug lingering somewhere. So please let me know if you see anything that’s broken or feels strange to you. And I’m sorry for any kind of problems you might encounter.

6 Likes