Theres a tumblr account posting stories from here without mentioning where they got the stories

Dont know if anyone cares or not. But vugcehkvcfbk on tumblr has taken multiple stories from here and posted them as their own.

On the one hand, they use pretty sexy pics for the stories. On the other hand, its intelectually theft/dishonest to not mention the actual authors. How do people here feel about it?

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter if they’re adding hot pics to the stories, if they aren’t crediting the original writers, they are essentially claiming authorship of the story via a lie of omission, which is theft.

2 Likes

I agree myself. Not sure why they wouldnt just say where they got the story from… its not like they are getting signed up for a book deal or anything…

2 Likes

Can you give me a link to one of the stories please? I can’t find the name you’ve mentioned.

Literally every story is from gayspiral i think.

1 Like

Thank you @Leoscurse for bringing this issue to my attention!

4 Likes

In fairness, some of the ones way down his list appear to be his own work and others are just reblogs, but spot-checking, I found a LOT of stories from this site, even in some of his early non-reblogs. “Julian and the Princess Room” even included the comments from the site! :laughing:

1 Like

Well hes posted another like, 6 stories since then from here. Guess he dont give a fuuuuuuuuu…

Unfortunately, the only solution Tumblr offers is to file a DMCA request and they only respond to DMCA requests from the copyright holder themselves, so we’d have to notify the authors and get them to fill out the forms. Tumblr makes it pretty easy, though. They provide a form you have to fill out with the offending URL, a description, and basic personal info. Once that’s done, they should take the offending story down. If they get enough of them, I imagine they’d shut the account down.

And for those who don’t know, the moment you create a story and save it, it’s automatically considered copyright…at least provided that you live in a country that respects global copyright laws (which is damned near the entire world at this point). Registering the copyright can strengthen your case if you decide to sue, but it’s not necessary for something like a DMCA request as far as I know.

I’ll write a newsflash later tonight to inform people. I’ll ask the authors to create DMCA requests and others to tell the guy what they think about his actions (in friendly words, though, we don’t want to come off as assholes).

I think it takes a hell of a nerve to steal from other people. Though, unfortunately, I have to agree there is very little one can do about it. I even had a situation where someone posted a story, on the very same site that I posted, using entire segments of one of my older stories simply changing character’s names.

Is there a list of the stories that have been copied for those of us that might not have a tumblr account? Or is it too many to list?

There’s a lot. I might create a list later. I’m busy with work and still with our new home, so if someone else would like to do that, I’d more than appreciate that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have some spare time at the moment, and I’m kind of bored, so I’ll do it :slight_smile:

Edit: Here’s the list. I didn’t have time to look for all the authors. Sorry. Feel free to crosscheck with GSS’ database :wink:

• Top Me - Derek Williams
  • Catch of the Day - Derek Williams
    • Live Show
    • Marcus
    • Luke
    • Nate
  • A Perfect Revenge
  • Guy’s Named Chad - Derek Williams
  • College Jock: - Here4hairymen
    • Chapter 8
    • Chapter 7
    • Chapter 6
    • Chapter 5
    • Chapter 4
    • Chapter 3
    • Chapter 2
    • Chapter 1
  • The Shadow On My Wall - Derek Williams
  • Leather, Rinse, Repeat: - Cris Cane
    • The Foam Party
    • Chapter 1
  • Being Smart is Dumb - Derek Williams
  • My Roommate Gives Me Nicknames - Derek Williams
  • U got male Michael Win - Tattcub
  • No Shirt, No Service - Cris Kane
  • Professor’s Lesson - screamingmoist
  • Kyle’s New Job - Derek Williams
  • Falling Further with Each Piece - Riko
  • Fair Play - Purejetfuel
  • The Bite - Rozza22365
  • Liam’s Solution: - Rozza22365
    • Part 3
    • Part 2
    • Part 1
  • Army Boi - Rozza22365
  • Carlos’ Plan - Growing Geek
    • Part 2
  • Scented Candles
  • I Bought a Tanktop - Derek Williams
  • On Santa’s lap - Dutchutch
    • (2 / 3)
    • (3 / 3)
    • (1 / 3)
  • ASMRists: - Rozza22365
    • Jock Boyfriend Roleplay
  • Booze and subways don’t mix - Dutchuch
  • SHORT: Homophobic Incompatibility - Orrotica
  • There’s Always a Dumber Jock: - peachyboy
    • Part 2
    • Part 1
    • Part 3
  • A reverse Stinson: - Dutchuch
    • Part 3
    • Part 2
    • Part 1
  • Yeah Homo - M.B.Daddy
  • Fear Mongering - orrotica
  • A Model For Every Man: - beard ed
    • Part 2
    • Part 1
  • Reflection - beard ed
    • Part 1
  • Riley’s New Reflection - beard ed
  • Games of Chance: - ChaoticDjinn
    • Part 2
    • Part 1
  • Hoodoo Husband - screamingmoist
  • Facets - screamingmoist
  • Another day in Paradise - sequins69
  • Father-in-Love - BigMetalHusband
  • I dream of Jeanie - sequins69
  • Unwound - screamingmoist
  • Ursa Beer Christmas - Mutabear
  • Clothes Maketh Man - Orpheus
    • Part 2
    • Part 1
  • Birthday Boy - screamingmoist
  • Practical MAGIC: - Onix
    • LIVIN LA VIDA LOCA
  • Becoming a bear - Prontford
  • Finding the Right Job - Duffy17
  • Moving In - screamingmoist
  • “Jacob saw the familiar banner of the nearby gym”
  • A Big Cheater - Garrix
  • Charlie to Carlos
    • Part 4
    • Part 2
    • Part 3
    • Part 1
  • The Forgotten Beanie - Goayt
  • Hypnotic Barber Turns Nerd Into Hairy Jock
  • The Hairy Tell
  • A room for rent
  • Muscleslut / Cockslave
  • Dangers on a train
  • Arctos Outfitters: Air Freshener
  • “Harry Franklin’s alarm clock woke him up promptly at 7 am”
  • A Steamy Shower With A Bar Of Magic Soap
  • The Dancer
  • The Hot Tub Transfer
  • Gaining Followers
  • Virgin Conversion
  • Catch and Release
  • Dials
  • Coach’s Casting Call
  • “Here Phil was - driving to his friend’s house to get drunk -”
  • Labels: Prep to Latino
    • [Part 3]
    • [Part 2]
    • [Part 1]
  • Caravan of Love
  • Joe’s Birthday Surprise
  • Career Options
  • The Demon’s Curse
  • No Mas Gringo
  • My Name is Fernando
  • Wanting Everything
  • Their Own TV Show!
  • Were-redneck
    • (part 3 final)
    • (Part 2)
    • (Part 1)
  • Tres Lechimbo Cakes
  • Untangled
  • Farmhand
  • A Rugged Man
  • magic in the laboratory
  • A Better (Looking) Boyfriend
5 Likes

I also went through the list, but using the source code and a bunch of search-and-replaces and so forth. This missed some of Piko’s and caught others, so here are my comments and additions:
Comments

Others from GSS that I caught

Appears to be Tumblr only (didn’t track authors down, save one where it was obvious)

• Bleecker House
  • Insta-Slut
  • Pop Quiz: I’m a Dumb Jock and.....
  • Unworthy
  • ‘Secret Santa’ by joshslater
  • Hard-Working

(Note: I’ve excluded reblogs that are clearly marked as such.)

3 Likes

Thanks for listing all those. So many, I’ll never understand why some people feel they can help them selves to other peoples creative work, it’ll always confuse me.

I don’t know if I should be flattered or insulted. I am trying to report this person and am not being successful.

Can you let us know how it goes? I’m honestly not sure if it’s worth the effort.

2 Likes

I filed a DMCA takedown request.

6 Likes

Tumblr uses a three-strike system, so all it takes to get the entire account removed is three successful DMCA takedowns. Link: DMCA Copyright Notifications | Tumblr